Google remains the market leader in search by a huge margin. Success in SEO often comes from aligning our strategies with what Google is trying to achieve. We know that Google wants to display content that answers user’s unwritten goals (their ‘search intent’) and we know that the following categories capture the major types of intent that Google distinguishes between:
- Transactional – Searches that signal a desire to purchase
- Commercial investigation – Searches looking for product information, like reviews
- Informational – Searches made by people researching a topic
- Navigational – Searches made as a shortcut to a known website or page
- Location – Searches made to discover details for a physical location
We work with our clients to understand what their audience is looking for when they make different types of searches. When we optimise a piece of content, we can then ensure that it targets searches made by people who are looking for something of its kind.