The pandemic affected the travel and tourism sector heavily, impacting many brands’ performance during this period. Lotus Car Rental was also impacted, however, instead of cutting back spending like many others, we doubled down on marketing efforts to ensure Lotus was in a strong position once demand in the market returned.
- Redesigned and optimised the key product & category pages on the website
- Introduced a blogging strategy to attract users who were “dreaming” about their future holidays and plans post-COVID restrictions
- Optimised existing content, targeting featured snippet opportunities
- Leveraged paid search to capture market share from those that reduced advertising spend and expanded regional targeting to reach users across multiple markets
- Launched Prospecting & Remarketing campaigns to drive new users to the Lotus Car Rental website and convert warm users who were ready to book
Continuing to invest in a robust multi-channel marketing strategy during a period of economic uncertainty put Lotus in a solid position once the tourism industry had recovered post-pandemic. Following this period, we’ve continued to provide direction on ways that Lotus Car Rental can further grow its digital presence, including:
- Improving the customer’s experience through improved website page designs (see our work here), which increased conversion rates by 106%
- Developing the brand’s digital maturity in line with desired business growth
- Implementing Digital PR activity to maximise organic visibility, build authority and position Lotus as the go-to voice in the car rental industry
- Introduced a creative testing strategy to optimise performance and drive efficiencies, trialing videos, statics & leveraging Dynamic Auto Catalog Ads.