Over the course of 6 months, we set out to implement a series of new tests:
The first test we implemented aimed to review whether or not Topps' paid media account was cannibalising efforts elsewhere. We produced a robust testing methodology with a view to running this for four weeks, or until statistical significance was achieved. This activity proved to be a great success and ultimately, opened up the opportunity for us to implement a schedule of new tests over the coming months.
We knew that as physical stores reopened, the only way to maintain YoY traffic was to reach out to newer, broader audiences by venturing into new generic activity. We launched dynamic search page feeds that targeted a broader range of search terms, as well as tailored ad copy to see what appealed to Topps’ target audience the most.
Based on user information gathered through our reports prior to testing, we saw an opportunity to reach a high-intent audience. We spent time developing Inventory Management campaigns that maximised the visibility of Topps’ products in the SERPs and drew users to the appropriate areas of their website