Previous marketing strategies had almost exclusively focussed on branded keywords and driving sales through frequent price promotions but Abigail Ahern did not feel that this approach accurately reflected the brand’s quality credentials. With this in mind, they expressed the need to maintain their brand’s premium status whilst running a successful sale campaign.
- Months before the event, our SEO team researched an optimal keyword targeting strategy for key category pages and populated them with high quality content
- This work to optimise thin pages drove organic traffic, and also supported search query matching for audience-targeted Dynamic Search Ads to attract non-brand search queries through paid search
- Paid campaigns moved away from using sales-led ad copy and instead used copy that would better reflect the quality of their brand, combined with ad extensions to highlight the current promotions
- Shopping campaign performance was improved with search query filtering to allow for more control of branded query matching, and product categories were split into separate campaigns for better budget management
- Display and paid social campaigns utilised retargeting which helped to convert traffic from each channel with optimisation based on intent
- Prospecting campaigns were set up across display and paid social to raise brand awareness and bring new audiences to the site